Allows for rapid adjustment of depth of analgesia3
Helps facilitate rapid recovery regardless of infusion duration3
Added characteristics of ULTIVA
Well-established hemodynamic profile3
- No accumulation regardless of infusion duration3
- Can be used in patients with renal or hepatic impairment3
TAVR case study
5'2'', 64.9 kg (143 lb)
BMI 26 kg/m2
Recently diagnosed with severe aortic stenosis
Experiences shortness of breath when walking up stairs
Had CABG surgery 3 years ago
Medications: statin, HCTZ, ACE inhibitor
This case study is for illustrative and educational purposes only. The dosing regimen is specific to this case study and other regimens may vary depending on patient and procedure. Any use of this product is subject to the judgment of the practitioner in each case. Please consult the full Prescribing Information in the use of this product.
ULTIVA should be used with caution in elderly patients. The starting doses of ULTIVA should be decreased by 50% in elderly patients (>65 years) and cautiously titrated to effect.
- Kasel AM, Shivaraju A, Schneider S, et al. Standardized methodology for transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve replacement with the Edwards Sapien XT valve under fluoroscopy guidance. J Invasive Cardiol. 2014;26(9):451-461.
- Bergmann L, Kahlert P, Eggebrecht H, Frey U, Peters J, Kottenberg E. Transfemoral aortic valve implantation under sedation and monitored anaesthetic care: a feasibility study. Anaesthesia. 2011;66(11):977-982.
- ULTIVA [package insert]. Rockford, IL: Mylan Institutional LLC; 2016.