Allows for rapid titration to help control intraoperative pain and hemodynamics1,3*,4†
Facilitates rapid recovery with no accumulation regardless of infusion duration1
Added characteristics of ULTIVA
- Well-established hemodynamic profile1
- No accumulation regardless of infusion duration1
- Can be used in patients with renal or hepatic impairment1
Rhytidectomy (facelift) case study
5'8", 65.8 kg (145 lb)
BMI 22.0 kg/m2
Previous hysterectomy for cervical adenocarcinoma
Uses herbal supplements
This case study is for illustrative and educational purposes only. The dosing regimen is specific to this case study and other regimens may vary depending on patient and procedure. Any use of this product is subject to the judgment of the practitioner in each case. Please consult the full Prescribing Information in the use of this product.
- ULTIVA [package insert]. Rockford, IL: Mylan Institutional LLC; 2016.
- Rama-Maceiras P, Ferreira TA, Molíns N, Sanduende Y, Bautista AP, Rey T. Less postoperative nausea and vomiting after propofol + remifentanil versus propofol + fentanyl anaesthesia during plastic surgery. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2005;49(3):305-311.
- Ferraro GA, Corcione A, Nicoletti G, Rossano F, Perrotta A, D’Andrea F. Blepharoplasty and otoplasty: comparative sedation with remifentanil, propofol, and midazolam. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2005;29(3):181-183.
- Gokce BM, Ozkose Z, Tuncer B, Pampal K, Arslan D. Hemodynamic effects, recovery profiles, and costs of remifentanil-based anesthesia with propofol or desflurane for septorhinoplasty. Saudi Med J. 2007;28(3):358-363.
- Tuncel U, Turan A, Bayraktar MA, Erkorkmaz U, Kostakoglu N. Efficacy of dexamethasone with controlled hypotension on intraoperative bleeding, postoperative oedema and ecchymosis in rhinoplasty. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2013;41(2):124-128.
- Koşucu M , Omür S, Beşir A, Uraloğlu M, Topbaş M, Livaoğlu M. Effects of perioperative remifentanil with controlled hypotension on intraoperative bleeding and postoperative edema and ecchymosis in open rhinoplasty. J Craniofac Surg. 2014;25(2):471-475.
- Cartwright DP, Kvalsvik O, Cassuto J, et al. A randomized, blind comparison of remifentanil and alfentanil during anesthesia for outpatient surgery. Anesth Analg. 1997;85(5):1014-1019.
- Philip BK, Scuderi PE, Chung F, et al. Remifentanil compared with alfentanil for ambulatory surgery using total intravenous anesthesia: the Remifentanil/Alfentanil Outpatient TIVA Group. Anesth Analg. 1997;84(3):515-521. Supported in part by Glaxo Wellcome Inc.
- Twersky RS, Jamerson B, Warner DS, Fleisher LA, Hogue S. Hemodynamics and emergence profile of remifentanil versus fentanyl prospectively compared in a large population of surgical patients. J Clin Anesth. 2001;13(6):407-416. Sponsored by Glaxo Wellcome Inc.