Allows for rapid adjustment of depth of analgesia1
Facilitates rapid recovery with no accumulation regardless of infusion duration1
Added characteristics of ULTIVA
Well-established hemodynamic profile1
- Rapid onset, offset, and recovery for predictable control of responsiveness1
- Helps improve surgical conditions and reduce bleeding to improve surgical visibility2†,3
- Can help achieve deliberate hypotension2
- Rapid recovery with no accumulation regardless of infusion duration1
FESS = functional endoscopic sinus surgery.
FESS case study
5'8'', 72 kg (158 lb)
BMI 23.8 kg/m2
- Chronic seasonal rhinitis
Medications: ACE inhibitor, antihistamine, corticosteroid (nasal)
Remifentanil is contraindicated for epidural or intrathecal administration and in patients with known hypersensitivity to fentanyl analogs.
This case study is for illustrative and educational purposes only. The dosing regimen is specific to this case study and other regimens may vary depending on patient and procedure. Any use of this product is subject to the judgment of the practitioner in each case. Please consult the full Prescribing Information in the use of this product.
- ULTIVA [package insert]. Rockford, IL: Mylan Institutional LLC; 2016.
- Eberhart LH, Folz BJ, Wulf H, Geldner G. Intravenous anesthesia provides optimal surgical conditions during microscopic and endoscopic sinus surgery. Laryngoscope. 2003;113(8):1369-1373.
- Wormald PJ, van Renen G, Perks J, Jones JA, Langton-Hewer CD. The effect of the total intravenous anesthesia compared with inhalational anesthesia on the surgical field during endoscopic sinus surgery. Am J Rhinol. 2005;19(5):514-520.
- Guy J, Hindman BJ, Baker KZ, et al. Comparison of remifentanil and fentanyl in patients undergoing craniotomy for supratentorial space-occupying lesions. Anesthesiology. 1997;86(3):514-524.